Dry Fruits Modak
Treat yourself to a yummy and tasty dessert with this dry fruit modak recipe. Dry fruits are rich in sodium, potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C and have traces of calcium , Vitamin A and iron. This recipe is extremely easy to prepare and does not require much time.
Ingredients: 1 cup rice flour, 1 ½ cups of water, a pinch of salt, 2 tbsp of ghee, 100 gm khoya, 1 tsp khus khus, ¼ cup of chopped almonds, 2 tbsp of chopped cashews, 1 ½ tablespoons of chopped pistachios, 1 tbsp chironjee, 4 deseeded dates, 1 tbsp raisins, ¼ cup of grated coconut, ¼ cup of sugar,oil
1. Chop all dry fruits and set aside.
2. Heat water in a vessel and add the rice flour, part by part, to it till you get a thick consistent mixture. Pour it in a plate for cooling. Once cooled knead it into a soft dough.
3. Heat ghee in a saucepan and add the chopped dry fruits. Brown them and set aside.
4. Heat a little more ghee and add the khus khus seeds. Saute till they crackle. Add grated mawa and let it melt. Then add sugar and mix well.
5. Put in the grated coconut and stir well. Next mix this with the roasted dry fruits and set aside.
6. Pinch out little balls of dough from the earlier mixture you had prepared.
7. Grease the modak moulds and keep them ready.
8. In the dough balls, make a small cavity in each ball and place a little filling in the centre. Seal the ball and steam.
Pretty simple and quick, isn’t it? Try it out today!