Egg in a Hole
Egg in a hole is a unique recipe and a visual delight. It is also highly nutritious as it is made using eggs and fresh vegetables. While eggs are a rich source of protein, copper, iron, zinc, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 and selenium; fresh vegetables provide Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, folic acid, dietary fibre and potassium.
Ingredients: 2 eggs, 4 slices of bread, butter, chopped or grated vegetables such as carrots, beans, broccoli, capsicum etc., salt, pepper powder, olive oil.
1. Toss the vegetables in olive oil and set aside.
2. Trim the edges of the bread, butter them and cut a hole in the centre using a cookie cutter.
3. Now layer the veggies on the bread and break and pour the egg in the centre.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 200oC in a preheated oven.
5. Remove when the egg yolk is just done.
Delightfully delicious, this egg in a hole will win your heart. So get prepping now!