Eggless Apple Pie
The saying ‘An apple a day, keeps the doctor away’ is true in every sense. Apples are a rich source of potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and magnesium. Eggless apple pie is delicious and easy to prepare. Plus, it also ensures that you get all the nutrition that apples have to offer, in a delicious way.
Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat flour, ½ cup maida, ¼ cup olive oil, 1/3 cup water, ½ tsp salt, 2 medium sized apples, peeled, cored and sliced; ¼ tsp cinnamon powder, ¼ tsp nutmeg powder, 2 tbsp whole wheat flour, 2 tbsp sugar, cinnamon powder, a few tbsp. of soy milk, oil.
1. In a bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, maida and salt and set aside.
2. Grease your hands with olive oil and mix the flour mixture in a manner so as to finally get a bread crumb like texture.
3. Add water and gather the flour into a dough.
4. In a bowl, take the apples. Add the cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, sugar and whole wheat flour. Mix well.
5. Preheat the oven. Grease your pie pan and set aside.
6. Divide the dough into two parts. Roll one side of the dough and press it gently towards the bottom and fill it with the apple filling.
7. Place the other part of the dough, sealing all the edges of the pie.
8. Brush the dough with some soy milk and dust some cinnamon powder and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for an hour.
9. Take out the pie when the crust is golden.
10. Serve once the pie has come down to room temperature.
Apple pie is a delicious dessert and can easily be made at home. So next time you want to treat to something sweet and special, try out this eggless apple pie recipe.