Eggless Bread Butter Pudding
Wondering what to serve for a healthy snack? Serve some delicious bread and butter pudding. This pudding is packed with protein, carbohydrates and calcium.
Ingredients: 8 slices of bread, 3 cups milk, 6 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoon corn starch, 2 tablespoon butter at room temperature, 3 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 tablespoon raisins, 1 tablespoon brown sugar for sprinkling on top, 2 pinches of nutmeg powder, 2 pinches of cinnamon powder
1. Spread butter evenly on all the bread slices and slice them. Layered the bread buttered side up, in a greased baking tray.
2. Sprinkle the bottom layer with some raisins. Layer again with bread slices. Lastly again sprinkle some raisins on top and keep aside.
3. Mix milk, sugar and corn starch in a pan and simmer on a low flame, stirring often till the mixture thickens. Add vanilla extract, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder.
4. Pour this custard over the bread layer. Dot with some butter on top and sprinkle brown sugar evenly on top.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C/356 degrees F for 35 to 40 mins. Slice and serve.
Isn’t it a yummy treat? Try this out today!