Eggless Cucumber Cake
Have you ever tried making cake with cucumber? Don’t be surprised. Here’s a recipe that you can try at home. It uses cucumbers, which are rich in sodium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, etc. and is highly beneficial.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups rava, 1 ½ cup jaggery, 4-5 cardamoms, ¾ cup grated fresh coconut, 2 cups grated cucumber, 2-3 tbsp of chopped cashews, ½ tsp oil for greasing, ¼ tsp cumin powder.
1. Using a mortar and pestle, grind the cardamom pods. Remove the husk and keep the powder aside.
2. Roast the semolina and set aside.
3. Grease a tray and set it aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, add the semolina, jaggery, coconut, cucumber, chopped cashews and juice from the grated cucumber and mix together to form a smooth batter with medium consistency.
5. Add the cardamom powder and cumin powder.
6. Pour out this batter into the greased tray.
7. Heat some water in a steamer and place the tray over it.
8. If you are using a pressure cooker, remove the whistle and close the lid.
9. Steam for about half an hour and remove. Check with a toothpick or knife to see if the insides have cooked well.
10. Cut into small pieces on cooling and serve.
Innovative and interesting, isn’t it? So if you have been wondering on how to use cucumbers in a delicious way, try this out today!