Eggless Date Walnut Coffee Cake
If you are planning to cook up something special for your family and friends, you should try out the eggless date walnut coffee cake recipe. This cake is delectable and also contains a lot of nutrition as it is made from whole wheat flour. Whole wheat flour or atta is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, protein, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour, ½ cup maida, ½ cup sunflower oil, ¾ cup sugar, 1 cup milk, 1 cup seedless dates, ½ cup chopped walnuts, 2 tsp instant coffee, 1 tbsp chocolate chips, ½ tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda and a pinch of salt.
1. Take the flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Heat milk in a pan and when it has become hot, switch off the flame and soak the dates in it for about 20 minutes.
3. Preheat your oven at 200oCelsius. Grease your baking pan with butter and set aside.
4. Add sugar and vanilla essence into the flour mixture. Pour in the milk along with dates, water, chopped walnuts and oil into the bowl. Use an electric blender to mix all the ingredients and get a smooth batter.
5. Pour the batter onto the greased pan and bake the cake for 1 hour.
6. Check with a toothpick for the insides. Cut and serve the cake along with tea or coffee.
Bake healthy, eat healthy!