Eggless Fruit Cake
Surprise at dessert time with a chunk of delicious eggless fruit cake! This cake is made using whole wheat flour which is healthy and nutritious because it contains potassium, sodium, calcium, dietary fibre, iron, Vitamin B6, magnesium, etc. Here’s how you can make this delicious cake at home.
Ingredients: ¼ cup of chopped walnuts, 2 tablespoons of golden raisins, 2 tbsp black currants, ¼ cup of chopped cashews, ½ cup of chopped dates, 2 tbsp each of chopped almonds and pistachios, 8-10 glazed cherries chopped, 40-45 gm of candied orange peels, 1 cup of apple juice, 2 cup of whole wheat flour, 1 tsp baking soda, ½ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp each of cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom powder, 1/8 tsp clove powder, ½ cup sugar, 1/3 cup of olive oil, 1 ½ tablespoon of lemon juice.
1. Take all the chopped dry fruits in a bowl and add the apple juice. Place it covered in a refrigerator for sometime.
2. Caramelize the sugar using water. Add lemon juice to the caramelized sugar and set aside.
3. In another bowl, take the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spice powders and mix well. Add the soaked dry fruits and caramel solution and whisk to prepare a batter.
4. Pre-heat the oven at 180oCelsius for about 15 minutes. Grease a baking tray and pour the batter into the tray.
5. Bake at 180oCelsius for about an hour.
Cut into small pieces and serve it! Try this out today!