Eggless Pineapple Cream Cake
Pineapples are a rich source of potassium, sodium, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, magnesium, calcium and iron. Eggless pineapple cream cake is an easy to prepare recipe that allows you to make pineapples a part of your diet.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups maida, 1 tsp baking powder, a pinch of salt, ½ cup water, ½ melted butter, ¾ cup sugar, 3 tbsp yogurt, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, ½ tsp baking soda, 1 ¼ tsp vanilla extract, 200 ml whipping cream, 4-5 tsp icing sugar, 2-3 pineapple slices, 3-4 pineapple slices for garnishing, a few glazed cherries, 2-3 tsp pineapple juice.
1. Mix the maida, baking powder and salt in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Preheat your oven at 180 degree Celsius for 15 minutes.
3. Grease a pan or tray with butter and set aside.
4. Mix the sugar in the melted butter and stir well to ensure that all the sugar has dissolved completely. Set aside.
5. In a measuring cup or bowl, add a little water to the yogurt and whisk well to get smooth consistency. Add baking soda and apple cider vinegar to it and mix well.
6. Pour the sugar-butter mixture along with the yogurt mix into the bowl containing the flour mixture.
7. Quickly stir all the ingredients together, add the vanilla essence and gently fold the batter.
8. Pour the batter into the greased tray or pan and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 35 minutes.
9. Use a toothpick to check the consistency and set aside for cooling.
10. On cooling, cut the cake from the centre, horizontally, into two equal halves and set aside.
11. Whip the whipping cream and icing sugar in a mixer till you get a smooth mixture with stiff peaks.
12. Grind a few pineapple slices and pineapple juice along with the whipping cream.
13. Now spread this lavishly on the lower piece of the cut cake and place the upper piece on top of it.
14. Lavishly layer the top of the cake with the icing and place a few slices of pineapple and refrigerate.
15. Garnish with the glazed cherries on top and serve your delicious pineapple cream cake.
So what are you waiting for? Put the pineapples in your refrigerator to good use by trying out this recipe today!