Eggless Plum Cake
Plum cakes are readily available in the market. However, you can easily make an eggless plum cake at home using real plums. Your homemade cake will be healthier and tastier as compared to cakes that are available commercially. Plums are a rich source of Vitamin C, iron, magnesium, dietary fibre, carbohydrate and potassium.
Ingredients: 1 cup maida, ½ cup whole wheat flour, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2-3 plums chopped, ½ cup chopped cashews, ¼ tsp cinnamon powder, 2 pinches of nutmeg powder, ½ cup milk, 1 ½ tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, ½ tsp. baking soda, ½ tsp. baking powder, 1 cup sugar, 2/3 cup oil.
1. In a mixing bowl, take the maida, wheat flour, oil, sugar, baking powder and mix well. Add the chopped plums and cashews and mix well.
2. Add the apple cider vinegar and baking soda to the milk and mix it till it frothy. Add it to the flour batter and mix well.
3. Preheat your oven at 170oCelsius. Grease your cake tray and set aside.
4. Pour the batter into the grease cake tray and bake at 170 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, cut into pieces and serve with tea or coffee.
Eggless plum cake is great for snacks and dessert. You can use this recipe to cook up a little cake and serve this delightful snack!