Eggless Pound Cake
Eggless Pound Cake is an easy to prepare recipe that uses whole wheat flour, which is rich in carbohydrates, dietary fibre, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. All these essential nutrients are essential for the healthy development both for mental and physical health. So use this recipe to incorporate all these nutrients into daily diet.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, 1 tsp vanilla powder, ½ cup of melted butter, ¾ cup of sweetened condensed milk, ½ cup warm milk, ¼ cup sugar.
1. Preheat your oven at 180oCelsius for about 15 minutes. Grease a loaf tray with butter and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
3. Melt butter in a pan and add condensed milk to it. Remove it from the flame and whisk well to ensure proper mixing.
4. To this add warm milk and vanilla essence and mix well.
5. Now add the wheat flour, baking powder and soda mix to this. Whisk using a light hand to ensure there are no lumps and the batter is smooth.
6. Pour into the greased tray and bake at 180oC for about an hour. When the crust appears golden, check with a toothpick to know if the insides are done too.
7. Remove from the oven, cut into slices and serve with tea or coffee.
Sounds like the perfect evening snack, doesn’t it? Try it out today!