Eggless Strawberry Cream Cake
With winters, strawberries are readily available. These delicious little fruits are reservoirs of essential nutrients such as potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, calcium, iron and magnesium. So whip up a delicious eggless strawberry cream cake using this nutritious fruit.
Ingredients: ½ cup yogurt, ½ cup pureed tofu, 1/3 cup fresh orange juice, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 ½ cups of cake flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp orange zest, ½ cup softened butter, 1 ¼ white sugar, 2 cups strawberries chopped, 2-3 tbsp. sugar, 2 cups whipping cream, 1/4 cup icing sugar.
1. Take a bowl and mash the strawberries and sugar. Set aside for an hour.
2. Preheat your oven at 180oC for 15 minutes. Grease two cake pans and set aside.
3. Take a bowl and mix the yogurt, pureed tofu, orange juice and vanilla extract well. In another bowl, mix the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange zest well. Set aside.
4. Take the softened butter in a bowl and mix the sugar in it. Add the yogurt mixture into this and stir well. Beat till the mixture is light and fluffy.
5. Add the flour mix and blend well.
6. Pour the batter into the two pans and bake for about 30 minutes. Set the cake aside for cooling.
7. Whip the cream, sugar and vanilla extract till you get stiff peaks. Add icing sugar and whip again. Set aside.
8. Take the cakes out of the pan and brush it with the strawberry pulp you had prepared earlier. Leave the cakes for about 15 minutes so that they can absorb the pulp.
9. Place one of the cakes on a cake stand with the pulpy side facing upwards. Spread the whipping cream and icing sugar mixture lavishly on the surface.
10. Place the other cake on top of this cake. The syrupy surface should face down while the plain surface should be upwards. Layer it with whipped cream and strawberry pulp. Garnish with chopped strawberries and serve.
Easy to prepare, this cake will delight you.