Flavorful Vermicelli Veggie Pulao
A health packed yummy dish for those who always says no to vegetables. Adding to all the vegetables, vermicelli is also rich in iron and dietary fibre.
Vermicelli-2 cups, Green Peas- 4 tbsp, Salt to taste, Carrot blanched- 8-10 pieces, French beans blanched- 7-8 pieces, Potato boil – 1/2 cup, Cauliflower blanched 5-6 small florets, Green peas boiled-1/4 cup, Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon, Ginger finely chopped-1 tbsp, Onion finely chopped-1 medium, Green chilies slit-2 (optional), Bay leaf -1 (optional), Green capsicum - 1 medium(long slices),Lemon juice -2 tbsp, water as required.
1. In a pan take 1 tsp of ghee and vermicelli/sevai.
2. Fry on medium flame till they turn golden brown.
3. Allow them to cool completely.
4. Heat 4 cups of water; add vermicelli, to boiling water. Cook it properly.
5. Then wash the roasted vermicelli in running cold water.
6. Now take a pan and heat oil in it. Add cumin seeds and sauté it. Then add the bay leaf and green chillies. Sauté it again.(Recommended for children usually above 1 year only)
7. Add ginger and onion and sauté it yet again, till it is cooked properly.
8. Add all the vegetables and sauté for another four to five minutes. It should get cooked properly. Add cooked vermicelli, salt and stir gently.
9. Remove from heat. Mix in lemon juice and stir gently.
The vermicelli pulao is now ready! It tastes better when served hot. For children below 1 year, you can mash the pulav and feed.