Flower Shaped Puris
These flower shaped colorful puris are full of veggies. Spinach and beetroot are full of fibers, iron, folic acid, zinc, manganese and several vitamins etc. This will be a nutritious dish!
Ingredients: 1 cup spinach leaves, 1 beetroot, 2 cups wheat flour, salt as per taste, 1/2 tsp each cumin and carom seeds, 1 tsp turmeric powder, few boiled chickpeas, oil to fry.
1. Blanch spinach and beetroot separately and grind to a smooth paste.
2. Divide flour in three parts add salt, cumin and carom seeds then kneed three different dough by adding spinach puree, beetroot puree and turmeric powder.
3. For rolling: Take a pinch of ball from any color, roll it between palms then flatten it now dust it and roll into a small thin disc then make four cuts like a cross, leave some space in the center.
4. In the center put chickpea then fold one petal, lift a petal up and cover the filling around it using the petal, leaving the top of the filling open. make sure the sides on the petal don't meet each other. Fold all the petal likewise, it is ready now, repeat the process with other colors too .
4. Now heat a deep fry pan and pour sufficient oil, heat it on high then simmer the flame and fry prepared flowers in it.
5. They are ready to serve, enjoy your colorful beautiful treat.
Note: Chickpeas are used to give volume to the flower you can use any other vegetable (a piece of potato or lady finger). Keep the flame on low while frying and have patience to cook all the layers perfectly. Make a thin disc, thick layers might remain uncooked. Put enough oil to fry as the flower should sink in it.