Worried about you eating too many French fries from outside? Do not worry! You can now make your favourite French fries at home. While most people are of the opinion that French fries are unhealthy, these fries are healthier as they are made at home and offer the nutritional benefits of fresh potatoes. Potatoes are a rich source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, dietary fibre, etc.
Ingredients: 4-5 potatoes, cold water, dry oregano, red chilli flakes, salt.
1. Peel and chop the potatoes lengthwise.
2. Rinse the potato fingers and soak them in cold water.
3. Refrigerate for 1 hour and then drain out the water, wipe the fingers and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan to medium hotness and fry the potato fingers till they are soft and done.
5. Remove from flame and set aside for cooling.
6. Heat oil again and make it really hot this time. Fry the fingers again, till they are crisp and brown.
7. Sprinkle salt, oregano and chilli flakes and serve.
So now you can easily prepare French fries at home, which are a lot healthier and more nutritious than the ones available in restaurants. So try this recipe out today!