You can make yummy fried papdi, dahi and sev puris and other chaats and convert them to mouth watering. These papdis are made using whole wheat flour, which is rich in potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients to make Fried Papdi:
1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup maida, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp ajwain seeds, 2 ½ tbsp ghee, salt as per taste, oil for frying
Steps to make Fried Papdi:
1. For making fried papdis, take the flours, cumin seeds, ajwain seeds, salt in a mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Grease your fingers with some oil and mix all the ingredients to get a bread crumb like consistency.
3. Pour water and knead into firm dough. Set aside for half an hour.
4. Pinch out small balls from the dough, roll into small rotis.
5. Using a fork to make small holes in the rotis.
6. Deep fry them in hot oil till they are golden and crisp. These papdis can be stored in an air tight container and can be made into a quick snack whenever your little one is hungry.
7. Top the fried papdi with the toppings of your choice like onion, tomato, corn, potato and chutneys.
A perfect evening snack to relish. Enjoy!