Fruits Sooji Halwa!
This is a sweet treat for a lazy holiday. This Halwa is full of proteins, minerals, vitamins, and carbohydrates. One small serving will give them all the essential nutrients.
Ingredients: Sooji- half cup, Ghee-6 tsb, Cashews-15, Raisins-1 tsb, Almonds chopped-1tsb, Mix fine chopped fruits -2cups like apple, banana , Pineapple, melons, strawberry,Chickoo (you can use fruit combo according to your little one's favorites), Saffron –a pinch (soak in 1tsb warm milk), Cardamom – ½ tsb, Sugar- as per taste, Water.
1. Heat 1tsb of ghee in a thick bottom pan. Add sooji and roast it on a low flame till you it turns into light brown color and releases a soothing fragrance.
2. Remove the sooji in a plate. Now, heat rest of the ghee in the pan and roast all the dry nuts one by one and keep it aside.
3. Add all of the chopped fresh fruit in the same pan and sauté it on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add sugar, saffron, cardamom powder and water; bring it to boil on medium flame.
5. Now, add all of the sooji in the pan. While adding sooji make sure to mix it slowly and properly in the pan which avoids the formation of lumps.
6. When sooji absorbs all of the water, add all the fried dry nuts.
You can set this halwa in the desired shape and serve it hot or warm!