Gajjar Ka Doodh / Carrot Milk
This richly flavored comforting drink makes an ideal summer drink/a perfect party drink or when unexpected guests arrive. Well, this drink does improve with age, yes, tastes better the next day or the day after that.
1. Steam the carrots, cool and puree. Keep aside.
2. Grind the cashew nuts and almonds to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
3. Add the clove and cinnamon stick to the milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil the milk for at least 10 mts, stirring it. Add the sugar and stir till it’s completely dissolved.
4. Add the carrot paste to the milk mixture, combine well and let it cook for 3-4 mts.
5. Add the nuts paste, pala kova and elaichi pwd – combine well. Turn off heat after 2 mts and cool completely.
6. Blend the cooled mixture till you get a smooth consistency.
Garnish with toasted almonds slivers or pista. Serve warm or chilled. Very healthy, try today without anymore delay.