Garlic Bread Rolls
Garlic bread rolls are a tasty snack which can also be served as appetizers. They are not only tasty but also very healthy as they are made from whole wheat flour, which is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, magnesium, Vitamin B6, iron and calcium.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cup of whole wheat flour, 2 tbsp. maida, 1 tsp. dry yeast, 1 cup water, ½ tbsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. oil, ½ tsp salt, 2 tbsp. butter, 2/3 tbsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp chopped celery, ¼ tsp dry oregano, 2 pinch ajwain, ½ tbsp. oil, salt, black pepper.
1. Mix the yeast in warm water and ½ tbsp. sugar in warm water. Mix well and set aside for 10-12 minutes.
2. In a bowl, take the flours and mix well. When the yeast solution becomes bubbly and frothy, add it to the flours and knead well into soft dough. Rub oil on the dough and set aside for 2 hours.
3. Beat the butter till it is light and fluffy. Add the chopped garlic, celery, dry oregano, ajwain, oil, salt and black pepper and mix well.
4. Knead the dough lightly once more, dust it with flour and divide it into two equal parts.
5. Roll out each dough piece and spread the garlic butter evenly on its surface. Roll the flattened dough and cut it from the centre into circles.
6. Grease a pan with butter and place the cut rolls on them. Set aside for about half an hour.
7. Bake the rolls at 180 degree Celsius till the tops of the rolls are golden.
Remove from the oven and serve with tea or coffee. Garlic bread rolls serve as an excellent snack and you will definitely love it. So why not give it a try today?