Cauliflower or gobi is a rich source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, iron, calcium, dietary fibre and potassium. Gobi masala is an easy recipe that allows you to ensure that cauliflower is incorporated into your diet in a yummy way.
Ingredients: 1 medium sized cauliflower, 1 medium sized onion, 1 ½ tbsp. of ginger garlic paste, 4 tbsp curd whipped smooth, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, 1 bay leaf, ½ tsp shah jeera, ½ tsp kasuri methi, 1 ½ cups of water, 2 tbsp low fat cream, 5 tbsp oil, salt, paste made from 2 medium sized tomatoes and 1 tbsp cashews.
1. Clean and cut the cauliflower into small florets. Blanch these florets in boiling water for about 15-20 minutes. Set aside for cooling. Drain and set aside.
2. Fry the florets in a little oil till you can see brown spots on them. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Heat oil in the same pan and add the bay leaf and shah jeera.
4. Saute till you can smell the aroma. Add onions and sauté till they become slightly golden and translucent.
5. Next add the ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw aroma leaves. Add the tomato+cashew paste and mix well.
6. Saute on low flame. Add all the spice powders and stir fry. Saute till you can see the oil leaving the masala.
7. Switch off the flame. Add the whipped yogurt and mix well. Add 1 ½ cups of water and stir well.
8. Switch on the stove and place the pan again. Add the sautéed cauliflower florets into the pan and stir well.
9. Cook on low flame for about 15 minutes to ensure that the cauliflower is completely cooked.
10. Sprinkle kasuri methi and a pinch of nutmeg powder. Add the cream and stir well.
11. Remove from the fire. Serve with rotis or rice.
Isn’t this a really interesting recipe? And it is delicious too. So get prepping for cooking this delicious dinner today!