Golden Aloo Gobi Paratha
Parathas are a common food item in most Northern parts of India. You can make parathas even more nutritious by incorporating potatoes and cauliflower in the recipe. While potatoes are rich in starch and will provide energy, cauliflower will give him Vitamin K, proteins, phosphorus and magnesium. Aloo Gobi paratha is an easy and quick to prepare recipe and can be used for breakfast, lunch or breakfast.
Ingredients : Wheat flour – 1 ½ cups, Oil or Ghee to fry, Salt to taste, Grated Cauliflower – 2 cups, Mashed potatoes - 1 ½ cups, Finely chopped green chillies, Red chilli powder – 1 tsp, Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
1. Take the flour in a bowl, add salt and water to prepare a soft but firm dough. Let it rest for about half an hour.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients except oil in another bowl and set aside.
3. Once the dough is ready, roll out equal sized balls. Pinch these balls in the centre to make a cavity.
4. Take a small portion of the filling into the cavity and reseal the ball. Dust in flour before rolling out the parathas.
5. Heat a griddle. Place the parathas and fry on both sides to ensure that the paratha is well cooked.
Serve with curd and pickle. Try this recipe today!