Gosht Korma Mutton Curry
Gosht Korma Mutton Curry is a wonderful dish in terms of health benefits as well as taste. The preparation time is not too long and can be managed easily at home. The presence of mutton adds protein, potassium and Vitamin B-12. Also, tomatoes add Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
Ingredients: 1 kg mutton cubed, 4 cloves, 2 elaichi, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf, 2 large onions, 5-6 green chillies, 1 ½ ginger garlic paste, salt, 1 ½ tbsp ghee, ¾ tsp garam masala powder, chopped coriander leaves, grated coconut.
Marinade: 2 tsp red chili powder, 1 ¼ tbsp coriander powder, ¾ tsp cumin powder, ½ turmeric powder, 1 ½ cups thick yogurt.
1. Marinade the mutton by adding all the mentioned ingredients in a bowl and rubbing is evenly over the mutton cubes. Set the bowl aside.
2. Take a heavy bottomed vessel and add ghee. Add whole spices and bay leaf. Fry them for a few seconds. To this add the chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and green chilies. Sort the content for 3 minutes.
3. Next step is to add chopped tomatoes and fry them for another 4 mins.
4. Add marinated mutton and cook it over medium flame. Cook until the water from the yogurt and mutton is totally absorbed.
5. Add coconut paste and cover the content to be cooked for 2-3 min.
6. Next add 3 cups of water along with salt. Place the lid on and wait for the gravy to thicken.
Garnish the dish with coriander leaves. Share the recipe and surprise your family and friends.