Greek Vegetable Quiche
Greek Vegetable Quiche is a perfect way to break the monotony of the usual breakfast. It is very tasty and also serves the purpose of nutrition. Zucchini is rich in vitamin C and fiber along with all the vegetables, calcium and minerals make this dish a perfect one for growth and development.
Ingredients: Pie crust (available in supermarkets)
For Filling: 1/3 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers, 1/3 cup diced roasted zucchini, 1 cup fresh spinach, ½ cup chopped pitted olives, 1/3 cup chopped green onions (4 medium), 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1 and ½ tbsp chopped fresh mint, 3 eggs, 1 and 1/3 cups whole milk, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. On a flat and floured surface, unroll the pie crust. Fold the edges with a spoon. Bake the crust.
2. Meanwhile, take another bowl, beat the eggs and milk until it becomes smooth and fluffy. Put some salt and pepper and keep it aside.
3. Take a large bowl and mix all the vegetables, add some fresh parsley and mint.
4. Put the vegetable mixture in the partially baked pie-crust. Also, pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the pie crust.
5. Bake it for another 30 to 35 minutes. And your Quiche is ready!
6. Take out and cool it for at least 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
Relish this new breakfast dish soon!