Green Peas Sundal
Wondering what to cook for snack? Green Peas Sundal is a South Indian dish which is healthy, tasty and highly nutritious. This dish is made from green peas which are a rich source of potassium, carbohydrates, protein, Vitamin C, iron, Vitamin A, calcium, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: ¾ cup of dry green peas, ½ tsp. mustard seeds, 1 tsp. cumin seeds, 2 broken red chillies, 1 green chilli, a pinch of hing, 10-12 curry leaves, 2 tbsp. oil, 2-3 tbsp. freshly grated coconut, salt.
1. Soak the peas in water overnight. Next morning, drain and cook in a pressure cooker till they are done. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, crackle the mustard and cumin seeds.
3. Add the dry red chillies, green chilli, curry leaves and sauté for a minute.
4. Now add hing and the cooked green peas.
5. Sprinkle salt, stir well and add the grated coconuts.
Remove from the flame and serve. You can serve this for breakfast or as snacks. So go ahead and try out this recipe today!