GUJIYA - North India Sweet Dish
Here’s a delicious gujiya recipe loaded with the goodness of khoya, which is full of calcium.
Ingredients: For the gujiya pastry: 1 cup whole wheat flour+ 1 cup maida, ¼ teaspoon salt, ½ cup water or as required, 2 tablespoon ghee. For the khoya stuffing: 1 cup grated khoya, ½ tablespoon ghee, ⅓ cup chopped dry fruits, ⅓ cup powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon cardamom powder.
1. Mix the maida, whole wheat flour and salt in a bowl. Heat ghee and pour into the flours. Mix well and add water to form a dough. Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Melt ghee on a low flame and add khoya. Stir continuously on a low heat till it begins to gather around itself. Remove from heat and cool.
3. Add powdered sugar, dry fruits and cardamom powder. Mix well.
4. Make small balls from the dough and roll to a small circle. Place about 1 tbsp khoya filling on one side of the circle. Bring together both the edges and press to seal.
5. Deep fry in hot oil and serve.
What a treat, right? Try this out immediately!