Healthy and Delicious Ragi Kheer
More and more people are now preferring dishes made out of ragi because of its high nutritional content. Ragi is rich in protein and is a high source of essential mineral such as calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus etc. Ragi kheer is a delicious way in which you can incorporate this super food into your diet.
Ingredients: 1 ½ tablespoons of ragi flour, 1 tablespoon of ghee, 1 ½ cups of hot milk, 1-2 tablespoons of sugar, a handful of chopped almonds, pistachios and cashews, a pinch of cardamom powder, 5-6 strands of saffron.
1. Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a thick bottomed vessel and add the ragi flour to it.
2. Stir well on low flame for about 2-3 minutes to roast the flour completely.
3. Add milk little by little, stirring all the while, to ensure a smooth mixture without lumps.
4. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on low flame.
5. Add sugar, chopped dry fruits and saffron strands. Simmer and remove.
Pretty simple, isn’t it? Delight at the dinner table tonight with this wonderful dessert.