Healthy and Nutritious Palak Pulao
Spinach leaves are rich in dietary fiber, flavonoids, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, zinc and magnesium. Regular intake of spinach will keep your child’s digestive system healthy, enhance eyesight and keep his body and mind stress-free. Palak Pulao is an easy and quick recipe and your child is sure to love it.
Ingredients: 1 cup of basmati rice, 1 cup of spinach puree, ½ inch ginger chopped, 3-4 garlic cloves chopped, 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 bay leaf, 3-4 cloves, ½ inch of cinnamon, 2 green cardamoms, 1 mace strand, 1 small star anise, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 medium onion finely sliced, ½ tsp of lemon juice, salt to taste.
1. Clean and soak the basmati rice for about half an hour.
2. To prepare the palak puree, chop the palak leaves and blend in a mixer along with the chillies, ginger and garlic cloves.
3. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds and the whole spices. Saute till you can smell the aroma.
4. Add the palak puree and sauté for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the rice, salt and water and mix well. Also add the lemon juice.
6. Cook for about 10 minutes on low flame.
7. Fluff the rice before serving.
Palak pulao is a visual delight, just as it is healthy and nutritious. Try out this recipe today!