Healthy and Yummy Sabudana Dosa
Sabudana or sago is a commonly used ingredient in food meant for fasts. The reason for this is the high nutrional value of sabudana. It is easily digestible and is a rich source of carbohydrates, fats and proteins, which are essential for generating energy in the body. It is also rich in iron and calcium, which are essential for the body. Here’s an easy way to make sabudana recipe that can serve as a great breakfast dish.
Ingredients: Half a cup of sabudana, ½ cup of idli rice, ¼ cup of urad dal, 10 to 12 methi seeds, water, salt to taste.
1. Take sabudana, urad dal and methi seeds in a bowl, rinse well and soak for about 4-5 hours.
2. Rinse and soak idli rice for about the same time.
3. Next, take the first bowl, pour contents into a blender and prepare a smooth batter. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
4. Next grind the idli rice into a smooth batter by adding water as per requirement.
5. Mix both the batters and add salt. Set aside for about 10 to 12 hours for fermention.
6. Heat and grease a griddle, pour out the batter into a dosa.
7. Cook and remove from the griddle.
Serve with sambar or a spicy chutney. Try this out today!