Healthy Cabbage Poriyal
Cabbages come loaded with Vitamin C, dietary fibre, sulphur, antioxidants, beta carotene, Vitamin K, and essential nutrients such as potassium, magnesium and calcium and hence are an important part of your diet. Cabbage poriyal is easy and quick to prepare.
Ingredients: 4 cups of blanched and chopped cabbage, 2 tbsp of sesame oil, 6-7 shallots chopped, 1-2 green chillies deseeded and broken, 10-12 curry leaves, ½ tsp of mustard seeds, 1 tsp of split urad dal, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, a pinch of hing, 3-4 tbsp of grated coconut, 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves, salt.
1. Heat oil in a pan and crackle the mustard seeds. Next add the urad dal and sauté till it become dark maroonish in colour.
2. Next add the chopped shallots, green chillies, curry leaves and hing. Saute for a couple of minutes and add turmeric.
3. Add the chopped cabbage and salt and cook. You can also add a little water to ensure that the cabbage has cooked well.
4. Once the cabbage is done, add the grated coconut on top and sauté for a couple of minutes.
5. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Try this yummy delight today!