Healthy Chapati Option - Jowar And Bajra Rotla
Instead of preparing the usual Wheat flour Roti, try this Jowar Bajra Rotla. Bajra and Jowar are sources of protein, carbohydrates, fibre, iron, phosphorus, and thiamine. But take caution as some may find it difficult to digest. Try to give in this in small quantities initially and then increase it gradually.
Ingredients: 2 tbsp jowar flour, 2 tbsp bajra flour, 1 tbsp methi leaves finely chopped, 1 tbsp grated bottle gourd, 1 tbsp grated carrot, ¼ tsp oil, and salt.
1. Take jowar flour and bajra flour in a large bowl.
2. Add methi leaves, bottle gourd, carrot, oil, and salt to taste.
3. Mix well and prepare dough using lukewarm water.
4. Do not leave the dough for more than 5 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll it into a chapattis using a little Jowar flour.
6. Cook on hot tawa using ½ tsp oil on both sides.
This Rotla tastes great with fresh Curds and Pickle.