Healthy Cinnamon Porridge With Banana And Strawberries
Oats are a healthy and filling breakfast option. It is full of fiber, ensuring that you are full for longer. It is always advised to give your older child a filling breakfast on school days and oats porridge is great for that. Here is a recipe for cinnamon flavoured porridge that also has every kid’s favourite fruits, strawberry and banana.
Ingredients: 400 ml milk, 4 tsp sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon powder, 2 sliced banana, 100gms oats, 5 halved strawberries, whipped cream and cinnamon powder.
1. Boil milk and add sugar, cinnamon powder, and a sliced banana. Note: If baby is less than 12 months, add water instead of milk. If you have excess breastmilk, you can mix bm with the porridge just before feeding. Do not heat the breastmilk.
2. Add oats to the boiling milk and cook on medium heat. Stir occasionally until the oats are cooked.
3. Remove from heat and pour into bowl. Let it cool a little.
4. Top it with 1 sliced banana and 5 halved strawberries. Note: If baby is less than 12 months, mash and add the fruits to the porridge.
5. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon powder over it.