Healthy Home Made Whole Wheat Veg Momos
Most of us cringe away from the street made momos as they are extremely unhealthy. Most fast food joints serve momos made of maida, which is unhealthy for the digestive system. You can now make healthy momos at home using this easy recipe. Use whole wheat instead as it is healthier and offers fibre, proteins and essential minerals such as magnesium, copper, zinc and iron, besides B vitamins.
Ingredients: 1 cup of whole wheat flour, water, salt to taste, 1/3 cup each of grated cabbage, capsicum and carrot; ¼ cup of grated onions, 1 tsp of finely chopped ginger, a pinch of turmeric and chilli powder, ½ tsp each of coriander and cumin powders, ½ tsp of black pepper powder, oil.
1. Take the flour in a bowl, add a little salt and water and prepare a soft dough. Set aside for about half an hour.
2. In another bowl, mix all the vegetables, ginger and spice powders and salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. Roll out little balls from the dough. Make tiny rotis.
4. Stuff the centre with a little filling. Start making pleats from one edge of the roti and bring all the pleats together at the centre.
5. Seal the momo. Grease your steamer and place the momos for about 5-6 minutes.
Your healthy momos are ready. Serve with ketchup or schezwan sauce.