Healthy Peanut Laddoos
Weather is changing rapidly; you should also change the diet accordingly. Peanut is a great source of dietary protein; composed of fine quality amino acids that are essential for growth and development. Just a handful of peanuts per day provides enough recommended levels of phenolic anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins, and protein. Here is one quick yummy recipe.
Ingredients: Peanut -250 gm, Jaggery powder-150gm, Dry ginger poweder-1tsb(optional), Cardamom powered- ½ tsb
1. Roast all the peanuts on a thick bottomed pan kept on low flame. Keep stirring at regular intervals.
2. Once the peanuts are roasted completely, put the pan down and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
3. Peel the skin of the peanuts by rubbing them between your palms.
4. Put the peeled off peanuts, jaggery, powdered cardamom and dry ginger powder in it. Make a coarse mixture, don’t grind to much. Check if all the peanuts are crushed properly and then stop grinding.
5. Take this mixture on a plate. Now start making ladoos by rolling a small portion of mixture in first, clockwise direction and then in anti-clockwise direction in between your palms.
6. Store all the ladoos in air tight container.
Note: You can add dry ginger powder to these ladoos, which is a good home remedy for those who have cough and cold problem. It’s little bitter in taste but with Jaggery the bitterness is not prominent.