Healthy Savory Muffins For Breakfast
Try these healthy savoury muffins as a grab-and-go breakfast. They are also great with a warm soup on a cold winter evening.
Ingredients: 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, ¼ tsp baking soda, 1/3 tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp dried oregano, 2 eggs, ¾ cup milk, ½ cup melted butter, 2 tsp sugar, 2 cups of chopped spinach, 1 finely chopped tomato, ½ a cup crumbled cottage cheese, and 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese.
1. Whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried oregano.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, and sugar. Add the dry ingredients and mix lightly.
3. Now add spinach, tomato, crumbled cottage cheese, and parmesan cheese. Mix lightly.
4. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and spoon in the mixture.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees.
You can safely refrigerate cooled savoury muffins for up to 2 days in air-tight containers.