Healthy Savoury “Palak Pakoda”
It’s time to give your darling spinach snack; which is good source of Vitamin K, Vitamin A, magnesium, foliate (that is Iron), calcium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B2, potassium and Vitamin B6.
Ingredients: Chopped spinach leaves/palak- 3 cups, besan- 2cups, rice flour-2 -3 tbsp, roasted cumin powder-1/2 tsp, ginger-garlic paste-1 ½ tbsp, coriander powder-1 tbsp, Chat masala as required, Water as required, Salt as per taste, Oil for deep frying
1. Mix all the above ingredients and salt as required. Add very little water to this mixture and mix it well.
2. The batter should just coat the palak leaves and it should not be a flowing batter but a stiff batter. (Start with few tbsp of water and keep adding till the batter just coats the spinach leaves).
3. Mix very well; add water as required to make a medium consistency batter.
4. Heat oil in a kadai or pan. When the oil is hot, drop spoonfuls of the pakora batter in the oil.
5. Once fried from one side, flip it and fry the other side. It should be crispy from both the sides.
6. Using spatula, drain the excess oil and remove them on a paper lined plate.
Note: Serve hot with chutney or sauce.