Healthy Vanilla Cake
Most kids are very fond of cakes but giving them the high in fat cakes regularly is a concern for parents. So here is a recipe for eggless and butter-less cake made with only maida, curds, sugar and vanilla essence.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cup maida, 1 cup curds, ¾ cup granulated sugar, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla essence, ½ cup cooking oil, 1 tbsp milk.
1. Take maida and sieve it well.
2. Take a bowl and add curds to sugar. Mix till sugar dissolves completely.
3. Add baking soda and baking powder to the curds & sugar mixture. Mix well and leave aside for 5 minutes.
4. When bubbles appear, add vanilla essence, cooking oil and mix well.
5. Slowly add sieved maida to the curds mixture and whisk until it becomes creamy and thick.
6. Grease a baking tin and pour in the batter.
7. Bake this in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes and at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
8. Brush with milk and bake for 10 more minutes.
9. Remove, cool and cut.
10. Serve with chocolate sauce for some added flavour.