Wondering what to do with the idlis left over from breakfast this morning? Here’s a simple and quick recipe that will allow you to use the leftover idlis and turn them into a delicious snack. Idli chaat is tempting and delicious and also offers a lot of nutrition as idlis are made from rice flour, which is a rich source of magnesium, Vitamin B6, iron, calcium, protein, dietary fibre, carbohydrates and potassium.
Ingredients: 9-10 idlis, 1 onion finely chopped, 1 finely chopped tomato, 2 tbsp. curd, 2 tbsp. mint-coriander chutney, 1 tbsp. boondi, a pinch of red chilli powder, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, sev, salt, 3 tbsp. oil, chopped coriander leaves.
1. Cut the idli into small pieces and fry them in oil till they are golden and crisp.
2. Lay them out on a plate and sprinkle the chopped onions and tomatoes on top.
3. Follow this by pouring the mint coriander chutney and yogurt on top of the idlis.
4. Sprinkle red chilli powder, chaat masala and roasted cumin powder.
5. Garnish with sev, boondi and coriander leaves and serve.
Isn’t this a much healthier snack option? So try making this delicious chaat at home today.