Idli from Cooked Rice
Idli from Cooked Rice are made using cooked rice, which is a rich source of carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein and magnesium and hence they are extremely nutritious.
Ingredients: 1 cup cooked rice, 1 cup idli rava, ½ cup urad dal, salt, oil.
1. Soak the urad dal for at least 4 hours. Soak the idli rava for 2 hours.
2. Drain the urad dal. Reserve a little water from this for grinding the batter. Drain the idli rava and set aside.
3. Put the urad dal, idli rava and cooked rice into a mixer jar and grind.
4. Pour water and intervals and grind till you get a smooth, fluffy batter.
5. Add salt into the batter and allow it to ferment overnight.
6. Next morning, prepare your steamer by boiling water in the steamer and greasing the idli moulds.
7. Pour the batter into the idli moulds and steam for 10-12 minutes.
8. Take out the idlis and serve them with coconut chutney or sambar.
Delicious and easy to cook, these idlis can easily be cooked in no time. Try out this recipe today.