Immunity Booster: Beetroot Halwa For Growing Kids
Sometimes you are choosy and it is hard to have something that is delicious and healthy at the same time. Beetroot is a great source of nutrients. Beetroot not only helps to boost the immune system but is also capable of producing new blood cells. This vegetable also contains folic acid, iron, zinc, magnesium, potassium, fiber, vitamin C and carbohydrates. If Beetroot is included in the everyday diet, in any form the hemoglobin count will be in tact.
Grated Beetroot- 3 cups (500gm.), Cream from the milk- 2 cups, Sugar according to taste, Ghee- 3 tbsp, Cardamom powder- 1/2 tbsp, Dry fruits (cashews, raisins-2 tbsp, walnuts, almonds), Khoya- 1cup
1. Rinse, peel and then grate the Beetroot.
2. On a thick bottomed pan add milk and the grated Beetroot.
3. On medium flame, bring the whole mixture to boil and the, keep the flame on sim. Stir at intervals.
4. Wait until the grated Beetroot gets thoroughly cooked in the milk.
5. When 80% of the mixture is cooked, add ghee, sugar and Khoya to it.
6. Cook it on a low flame, and stir the mixture well.
7. Once the moisture has been absorbed by the mixture, it starts becoming thicker. Now add the dry fruits and cardamom powder. Mix it well.
Your yummy Halwa is now ready. Serve it hot or cold.