Iron Rich Green Bean Salad
It is great if you can hook to salads. Salads help in weight management while at the same time give the body all the essential nutrients. As vegetables are not over-cooked, most of the nutrients in salads maintain its nutrition. Here is a recipe of an iron rich salad that uses green beans and mushroom.
Ingredients: 200gms button mushrooms, ½ a lemon, 200gms green beans, 100gms quartered cherry tomatoes, juice of salt, pepper, 2 tbsp grated cheese and 2 tbsp olive oil.
1. Wash, dry, and slice button mushrooms.
2. Toss the mushrooms with lemon juice and keep aside. This will soften the mushrooms.
3. Trim, string, and cut green beans in the required size.
4. Blanch green beans in boiling water, drain, and dunk in ice cold water.
5. Toss the green beans, mushroom and cherry tomatoes, juice of ½ lemon, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
6. Sprinkle grated cheese and serve.