Irresistible Watermelon Dosa
Here is a simply irresistible recipe for watermelon dosa that will keep you craving for more. Watermelon is a great summer fruit that is loaded with vitamin C and helps in keeping the body cool. Watermelon also helps to keep the body hydrated.
Ingredients: 1 cup rice, ½ cup fresh grated coconut, ½ cup watermelon cubes (deseeded and skinned), and ¼ cup jaggery, salt and 2 tsp cardamom powder.
1. Soak 1 cup rice for 6 hours.
2. Drain the rice and grind it to fine paste along.
3. Add grated coconut, watermelon cubes (deseeded and skinned), and jaggery. Mix well.
4. Check the consistency to make it into a dosa batter. Add water if needed.
5. Add salt and cardamom powder.
6. Let it ferment for 4 hours.
7. Spread a ladle full of the batter on a hot tawa and cook on both sides. Sprinkle with oil at the sides.
You can serve this dosa with jam to make it a sweet treat or with chutney for breakfast.