Italian Veg Calzone
Love to bake? We have the perfect calzone recipe for you, rich in Vitamin A and E from the goodness of tomatoes.
Ingredients: Refined flour 1 ¼ cups, Tomato chopped 1/2 cup, Fresh yeast 10 grams, Sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons, Salt to taste, Olive oil 3 tablespoons, Onions chopped 2 medium, Garlic crushed 4 cloves, Tomato puree 2 tablespoons, Dried mixed herbs 1/2 teaspoon, Jalapeno chopped 1, Green capsicum 1/2 inch pieces 1 medium, Mozzarella cheese as required, Butter 50 grams
1. Add ¼ cup hot water to the yeast and leave for 15 minutes.
2. Take the flour, add the yeast, 1 tsp sugar and salt, and one tablespoon of olive oil. Add water to form a dough. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside to rise for an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil, add the onions, garlic and sauté. Add tomatoes and tomato puree and let it cook.
4. Add mixed herbs, salt and jalapeno, green capsicum, sugar, and cook till the mixture is almost dry.
5. Roll out the dough into discs. Spread the cooked mixture on them, grate cheese and fold to form half moon shape. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot.
How delicious, aren’t they? Bake up a batch immediately!