Jowar or Sorghum is a highly nutritious cereal grain. It is a rich source of dietary fibre, iron, phosphorus and thiamine. Replace your plain rotis with healthier jowar rotis and serve them for breakfast and have a great start to the day.
Ingredients: 1 cup of jowar flour, ¾ cup of hot water, 2-3 pinches of salt.
1. In a bowl, take the flour, add hot water and salt. Mix using a spoon.
2. When the temperature is comfortable enough to handle, use your hands to knead the dough.
3. Knead to make a soft dough. Set aside till the dough comes down to room temperature.
4. Make small to medium sized balls and roll out rotis using a rolling pin and board.
5. Cook on a tawa like you do for ordinary rotis.
Serve hot with a slice of butter on top, accompanied by a vegetable curry. So switch to healthy roties with this recipe and get going on the preparation right away!