Kaddu ka Halwa
Kaddu ka halwa is easy to prepare and is very healthy. It is made using pumpkins, which are a rich source of potassium, dietary fibre, carbohydrate, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 3 cups chopped pumpkin, ½ cup sugar, 3-4 green cardamoms crushed to powder, 1 ½ tbsp. of ghee, 2 tsp melon seeds, 2 tbsp chopped mixed dry fruits, 1 cup water.
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the chopped pumpkin into it.
2. Saute it for some time, then add water and close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook on low flame for about 10 minutes.
3. The pumpkin will be pureed by now. Add the sugar and the crushed cardamom into it.
4. Stir well and let the pumpkin evaporate all the water in it.
5. Take out the pumpkin halwa, garnish with melon seeds and dry fruits and serve.
Perfect for a healthy dessert, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare.