aju barfis are a popular sweet dish. You can easily treat your family members to this delicious sweet by preparing them at home. They are made using cashews, which are a rich source of potassium, carbohydrate, dietary fiber, protein, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup kaju, ½ cup sugar, 5 tbsp water, 1 tbsp ghee, 1 tsp chopped rose petals
1. In a jar, grind the cashews into a fine powder.
2. Heat water in a pan and dissolve the sugar in it completely.
3. Grease a plate or tray with some butter and set aside.
4. Once the sugar syrup starts boiling, add the cashew powder.
5. Stir the cashew powder in to make a thick paste. Keep cooking this for about 10 minutes on low flame. You will see that the mixture has thickened.
6. Remove the mixture into a bowl, add the chopped rose petals, oil and ghee.
7. When the mixture is warm enough to handle, knead it into soft dough.
8. Place the dough in the greased tray, cover it with butter paper and using a rolling pin, flatten it out.
9. Let the mixture cool. Using a knife, cut out the dough into diamond shapes.
Your kaju katli is ready. Store in an airtight container.