Kaju Butter Masala
Cashew nuts are a popular dry fruit often used in sweets and occasionally used to thicken gravies. Cashew nuts are a rich source of potassium, sodium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6 and magnesium, all of which are essential for the healthy development. Kaju Butter Masala is a delicious dish, which offers the goodness of cashews, and goes well with rice, chappattis and parathas.
Ingredients: 1 cup cashew nuts, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 ½ cup of chopped ripe red tomatoes, 1 bay leaf, half cup of water, 18-20 cashewnuts, 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste, 2 green chillies slit in half, ½ tsp of Kashmiri chilli red, ½ tsp garam masala powder, 3 tablespoon cream, 2 tablespoon of butter, ½ tsp sugar, 1 teaspoon of methi leaves crushed, 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves, salt and water.
1. Melt butter in a pan, add one cup of cashewnuts and sauté till they are golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add a bay leaf and sauté for a few seconds. Add the chopped tomatoes and let it cook till the tomatoes soften.
3. Meanwhile, take the 18-20 cashewnuts in a grinder jar and churn to get a fine powder. Set aside.
4. Once the tomatoes are done, remove the bay leaf and pour out the softened tomatoes. Blend the tomatoes into a puree in a mixer and set aside.
5. In the pan that was used earlier, heat 2 tbsp butter and add the ginger garlic paste. Once the paste has lost its raw smell, add the cashew powder and sauté till it becomes slightly golden.
6. Add the tomato puree and simmer for about 4 minutes on low flame.
7. Add Kashmiri chilli powder and water and stir the mixture well.
8. Add in the spice powders, methi leaves and cream and mix well. Cook on low flame for a few minutes, add the roasted cashews and remove from flame.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and treat this delicious dish by serving it with roti or naan.