ashews are rich in fat, potassium, sodium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, proteins, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Kaju Khoya is a North Indian dishes which can be served with both rice and flattened bread.
Ingredients: ½ cup chopped onions, 2 tsp chopped ginger, 2 tsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp chopped green chilli, 3 tbsp fresh curd, ¾ cup cashews, ¾ cup crumbled khoya, 1 bay leaf, 2 cloves, ½ inch cinnamon, 2 green cardamoms, 2 strands of mace, ½ tsp shah jeera, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp garam masala, 2 tbsp low fat cream, a cup of water, 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves, 2 tbsp ghee, salt.
1. Grind the onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and fresh curd into a smooth paste and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the cashews in it till they are golden.
3. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Add the whole spice and sauté till you can smell the aroma. Add the onion paste and sauté till they are brown.
5. Add the spice powders and mix well.
6. Add the crumbled khoya and sauté till you see the fat releasing from the mixture. Add a cup of water and mix well.
7. Add salt and stir. Add fresh cream and stir for a couple of minutes and switch off the flame.
8. Add the roasted cashews and stir.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with rice or chapattis. Interesting and simple at the same time, this recipe deserves a try. So go ahead and try it out!