Make delicious kalakand at home with this easy to follow recipe. Kalakand is made using condensed milk and paneer. Both ingredients are high in terms of their calcium content. Paneer is also rich in protein, Vitamin A and Vitamin B12.
Ingredients: 1 tin can of condensed milk, 2 cups of grated paneer, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp rose water, 10-12 pistachios, 10-12 cashews, 7-8 strands of saffron.
1. Grease a plate with some ghee and set aside.
2. Crush the dry fruits coarsely in a mortar and pestle and set aside.
3. Take a thick bottomed pan and pour in the condensed milk. Keep the flame low.
4. Add the crumbled paneer to the condensed milk and simmer on low flame for a few minutes.
5. The mixture will thicken and when it looks like a single mass, switch off the flame and pour the mixture into the greased plate.
6. Sprinkle cardamom powder and the chopped dry fruits all over.
7. Keep in the refrigerator for some time to allow the kalakand to set.
8. Cut out small chunks of the kalakand and serve.
Pretty simple and easy, right? Try out this recipe.