Kalan Ke Pakode
Often you would be on the lookout for something different yet tasty to serve everyone, isn’t it? Here you go – a unique recipe made from grass pea! This vegetable is packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Ingredients: Kalan / Grass pea- 1 cup, Salt to taste, Turmeric powder – ½ tsp, Ajwain Seeds- 1 tsp, Mint Leaves- ½ cup chopped, Coriander leaves- ½ cup, chopped, Garlic- 1 tsp, chopped, 1 Onion, chopped, Oil for frying
1. Break the grains of grass pea coarsely and remove the outer covering by winnowing.
2. Soak overnight and grind well.
3. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, mint & coriander leaves to paste.
4. Add spices and salt to this batter. Mix well.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry round portions of batter till fully cooked.
6. Serve along with curd or chutney.
This is an ideal snack for sudden guests!