Very few know that curry leaves are great for the health because of their high nutritional value. Curry leaves are rich in flavonoids, amino acids, antioxidants, Vitamin E, Vitamin B, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, copper, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, calcium, dietary fibre and carbohydrates. Use these leaves to make Karivepaku Podi, which can further be used to enhance the taste of cooked rice.
Ingredients: 1 tbsp. chana dal, 1 tbsp. urad dal, 1 tbsp. sesame seeds powder, 1 tbsp. grated desiccated coconut, 3-4 red chillies, 1 tsp. cumin seeds, 1-3 garlic cloves chopped, 1 cup curry leaves, oil, olive oil, rice, salt, peanuts, lemon juice
1. Soak the curry leaves overnight. Drain and set aside.
2. Dry roast chana dal and urad dal till they are golden. Add cumin, grated coconut and sesame seeds. Switch off the flame and mix well. Set aside.
3. Heat some oil in the pan and fry the curry leaves till they are crisp.
4. Grind the dal mixture and curry leaves into a coarse powder.
5. Cook the rice and set aside. In a bowl, mix the olive oil, curry leaf powder and rice and mix well.
Interesting, isn’t it? Try it out today!