Kashmiri pulao is a delicacy that you can now prepare at home using this recipe. This dish is extremely tasty and is made using whole spices. Whole spices are highly beneficial for health and must be included in your diet. They are a rich source of potassium, manganese, iron and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 ½ tbsp. ghee, 1 cup basmati rice, 1 onion thinly sliced, a pinch of saffron, 3 tbsp. milk, 6-8 cashews, 4-6 walnuts, 4-6 almonds, 1 tbsp. raisins, 1 ½ cup water, ½ tsp. crushed fennel seeds, 1 bay leaf, ½ tsp. shahi jeera, 1 small black cardamom, 1 small cinnamon stick, 3 green cardamoms, 4 cloves, ½ tsp ginger powder, 2 tbsp. pomegranate arils, chopped apples and pineapples.
1. Heat milk and soak the saffron in it. Set aside.
2. In a pressure cooker, roast the cashews and raisins in ghee and set aside.
3. Add the onions and fry till they are golden. Remove and set aside.
4. Roast the whole spices, add rice, ghee and salt and fry for 3 minutes .
5. Pour the saffron milk, simmer for some time and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. Switch off before the whistle.
6. Remove the lid, fluff the rice, garnish with the caramelised onions, roasted dry fruits and fruit chunks and serve.
Delicious and easy to prepare, this recipe deserves a must try!